Decowell offers a full historic interiors consultancy service, based on a multi-disciplinary approach involving our in-house conservators and accredited conservation professionals, supplemented where necessary by a range of professional associates with whom we have close professional links (covering structural advice, tile and mosaic surfaces, plasterwork, textiles, wallpaper conservation and metalwork)
Our service may include the following:
A range of treatment options may be considered, including:
- Full documentation and recording, involving inspection, recording, sampling and scientific analysis, and desk-based research.
- Assessment of significance, which will inform the range of treatment options and interventions.
- Assessment of condition, including environmental conditions that may be causing or accelerating decay of decorative schemes.
- Recommendations report, taking into consideration the nature of surface, condition, significance, use, environmental conditions etc.
- Consolidation, where substrate is in good condition;
- Removal and conservation of decorative element and repair of substrate;
- Restoration or preservation in situ, retaining fragments of original scheme as part of a new scheme.
- Complete reconstruction.